Aku memang sangat suka makan creampuffs. Tapi nak cari yang sedap memang susah. Normally the custard will be too thick and sweet pastu ada after taste. Memang tak sedap. Hari tu aku pegi Nabe Cafe and makan their cream puffs. Sedap sangat2. I love their custard yg gooey tu.
Semalam aku google cream puffs recipe and decided to buat joyofbaking punya recipe.
Ingredients Choux Pastry:
1/2 cup (65 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (I omitted this coz I used salted butter)
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) (57 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup (120 ml) water
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Choux Pastry: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly butter or spray the pan with a non stick vegetable spray.
In a bowl sift or whisk together the flour, sugar and salt.Place the butter and water in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. (Make sure that the butter melts before the water boils to reduce the amount of evaporation.) Remove from heat and, with a wooden spoon, add the flour mixture, all at once, and stir until combined. Return saucepan to the heat and stir constantly until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a thick smooth ball (about 1-2 minutes).
Transfer the dough to your electric mixer, or use a hand mixer, and beat on low speed to release the steam from the dough (about a minute). Once the dough is lukewarm start adding the lightly beaten eggs (dough will separate and then come together) and continue to mix until you have a smooth thick paste (dough will fall from a spoon in a thick ribbon).
Spoon or pipe 12 small mounds of dough onto the baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. With a pastry brush, gently brush the tops of the dough with a lightly beaten egg.Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until the shells are a nice amber color and when split, are almost dry inside. Cool on a cooling rack.
Fatin is studying in Penang. MIL wanted to go and visit her. So we spent our raya haji in Penang. I never like Penang but that changed. Penang memang best!! We had breakfast at Taman Tun Sardon which is just 5 minutes drive from USM guest house.
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
11 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (I used nescafe)
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
5 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9x13-inch glass or light-colored baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
3. Put the chocolate, butter and instant espresso powder in a large bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the water and add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined, then remove the bowl from the pan. The mixture should be room temperature.
4. Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
5. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Let the brownies cool completely, then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares and serve.
7. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap for up to 3 days.(Recipe adapted from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking)
I love this pastry recipe. It is good for almost everything, chicken potpie, apple pie and whatever pie you can think of.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup shortening ( approx 225gm)
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
5 tbs of water
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Mix well, then cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
In a small bowl, combine egg, vinegar, and 4 tablespoons of water. Whisk together, then add gradually to flour mixture, stirring with a fork. Mix until dough forms a ball. Add one more tablespoon of water if necessary.
Allow dough to rest in refrigerator 10 minutes before rolling out.
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
500gm of frozen mixed veges
1/2 cup sliced celery
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
3 cups chicken broth (I used water + chicken stock cubes)
1 1/3 cup milk
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Add chicken, cook it until slightly brown. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Add mixed veges and celery. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cover the pie dish with bottom crust. Pour hot liquid mixture into pie dish. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits on the top to allow steam to escape.Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Verdict : memang sangat sedap. Last week alone aku bakar this pie 3 kali!!
Verdict : sangat sedap and very moist too. I have made changes as suggested by reviewers on foodnetwork. This recipe is by Paula Deen. My daughter Iman baked this cake. I helped to whisk the topping and frost the cake.
Grandma Hier Carrot Cake
Butter, for pans
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup coarse sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans ( I used walnuts) optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round pans;
Line bottom of the pans with parchment paper.In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Add eggs and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, blend until combined. Add carrots and pecans, if using.Pour into pans.
Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.
500gm of cream cheese, room temperature
250gm salted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the frosting:
Add all ingredients, except nuts, into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer. Stir in the nuts. Spread frosting on top of each cake layer. Stack the cakes on a serving plate and serve.