For this recipe, aku guna Nordic Bavaria bundt pan. I love the taste of this cake. The almond meal buatkan cake ni rasa lemak. I brought some to tafsir class last nite, erma makan 5 keping! Hehe
250g pure butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
180g caster sugar
¾ tsp almond extract
2 tsp baking powder
180g plain flour
75g ground almonds
4 large eggs
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 3 tbsp hot water to make a paste
100g dark chocolate chips
30g icing sugar, to dust
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Thoroughly brush a 1.5 litre bundt tin with melted butter.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the almond extract.
3. Mix together the baking powder, flour and ground almonds. Beat in one egg at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mixture in between. Repeat until all three eggs have been added, then fold in the remaining flour mixture and stir in the milk.
4. Spoon half of the cake batter into a separate bowl and mix in the cocoa paste. Add the chocolate chips to the other half of the mixture. Add spoonfuls of each of the batters alternately to the tin and drag the handle of a teaspoon through the mixture to create a marbled effect.
5. Bake for around 40 minutes and then test the cake to see if a skewer inserted into the deepest part comes out clean. The cake will take 40 - 50 mins, depending on the proportions of your bundt tin.
6. Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Once cooled, dust the cake with a little icing sugar.