Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Monday, July 15, 2019
Saturday, June 1, 2019
Akibat tamak, pisang yg dibeli, tak termakan. Kat village grocer few days ago, ada buy 1 pack free 1 pack pisang dole. Aku beli la 1 pack. Ni kan ramadan, mana ada masa nak makan pisang. Adoi... Berdosanya buang makanan. Maka, terpaksa la google recipe apam. Nak buat cekodok, too oily pulak.
Apam pisang (from ina azlina)
2 cups AP flour
1tsp baking powder
2tsp baking soda
1 cup of mashed banana (dole sedap!)
3/4 cup of gula merah/brown sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup of coarse sugar, manis amat!)
1 cup oil
3 large eggs
3-4 tbs of freshly grated coconut
A pinch of salt.
Mix everything, kukus dalam cup kecik.
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Bila nampak on newsfeed cake ni, terus menitik air liur. Sedapnya! Teringin nak buat, teringin nak rasa, but malasnya nak bake. Huhuhu... Aku dah tak serajin dulu. Sometimes i do bake, but most of the time, i totally forgotten to update this blog. Pastu bila nak bake balik, dah lupa. Stress aku!
Anyway, this recipe is from the famous ina azlina. But of course, aku tweaked the recipe to suit my taste. And as usual, gula aku kurangkan.
Thank you k. Nor Azmihah sebab rajin share recipes.
Recipe inspired by ina azlina
200gram cream cheese
3/4 cup of castor sugar
1 tbs of vanilla bean paste
1 tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 tbs of condensed milk
5 eggs (size A)
100ml fresh milk
2 cups of self raising floor - ayak
1. Whip butter, sugar, condensed milk, vanilla, cream cheese and lemon juice sampai gebu.
2. Add telur satu demi satu hingga well mixed. Kemudian, masukkan tepung yg telah diayak selang seli dengan fresh milk (in 2 addition)
3. Bake dalam oven for about 40-50 minutes, 170 degree celcius.
Friday, March 29, 2019
Memang aku pening kepala for the past few days, tak boleh nak bangun from katil. Too tired. Today, aku gagahkan jugak diri to masuk dapur and masak for dinner and dessert. Lepas dah masak, rasa better pulak. Alhamdulillah.
Monday, January 7, 2019
This is the recipe yg aku guna. Sorry.. Tak sempat nak ambik gambar lawa2. I was in a hurry.
Jazakillahu khair Roger for the beautiful muslimah diary. I love it!
250gram butter (I used french butter)
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup of self raising flour
2 tsp of vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup of yoghurt
1/4 cup of milk
Beat the butter, vanilla paste and sugar til creamy. Add egg one by one, til combined. Alternately add between flour and yoghurt+milk, in 2 addition. Bake in an 8" pan, at 180 degree celcius.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
These gambar didn't do the cake justice. Aku ambik malam. Next time, I will take better photo.
(adapted from thetastingtable.com)
1¾ cups (350 g) sugar (I reduced it to 1 1/4 cup)
2¼ pounds (1 kg) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
5 large eggs
2 cups (480 mL) heavy cream (I substituted it with 1 1/2 cup full cream milk & 1/2 cup of melted butter)
¼ cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9/10-inch (25 cm) springform pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving 2 to 3 inches (5 to 7.5 cm) overhanging the top of the pan. (You can cut a circle to fit the base and then cut a band of paper to fit neatly around the sides, but the more rustic and simple method is to press an entire sheet into the pan, pleating the paper where it begins to crease.)
2. In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. (This can be done by hand as well—beat with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.) Add the salt and mix. Incorporate the eggs one by one and stir until fully incorporated. Whisk in the cream. With a sifter, add the flour to the mixture and fold it in gently.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until browned and almost burned-looking on top. This can really vary oven to oven, so it helps to have your eye on the cheesecake from 50 minutes forward. The center will still be quite jiggly, but the cake is ready. Remove from the oven and cool.
4. Before serving, remove the outer part of the springform and gently tug away the parchment paper. Serve at room temperature
Monday, September 10, 2018
Anyway, today aku a bit rajin sebab ada budak2 yang ramai, yg constantly hungry. At 6.30am, aku dah siap masak lempeng, cicah dengan daging masak gulai kawah. Pastu I brought the kids out, we did some walking around melawati mall, then I dropped them at home to take shower, and I went out for a drink with my cousin.
Lepas minum, I rushed back to cook lunch. Then humaira sibuk la bugging me to bake something. Maka, terpaksa ler aku rajinkan diri untuk buat roti. The recipe was shared by Speda. Jazakillahu khair Speda for the awesome recipe. Bread ni ada nutty taste sebab ada almond flour. Aku suka sangat!
500gram tepung gandum
350 ml air (air + 1 bijik telur + 2 sudu besar susu pekat, 1 sudu besar susu tepung)
2 1/4 sudu kecil yeast
3 sudu besar olive oil
2 sudu besar butter
1 sudu kecil garam
2 sudu besar gula
1 sudu teh GR super bake
60 gram almond flour (ground almond)
60 gram walnut
60 gram dried cranberries
1. Campurkan tepung, yeast, gula, garam, Super bake, almond flour di dalam bowl. Buat lubang ditengah, tuang air dan olive oil.
2. Uli adunan dalam 3-4 minit, masukkan butter. Uli sehingga adunan tidak melekat di bowl.
3. Sapukan butter pada bowl yang bersih. Masukkan adunan roti ke dalam bowl tersebut dan tutup dengan cling wrap. Biarkan sehingga naik 2 Kali ganda.
4. Tumbuk keluar angin dari dough. Masukkan kacang dan cranberries. Uli 1-2 minit. Masukkan dough ke dalam Bekas pembakar. Bakar selama 45 min, 160 degree Celsius.
Thursday, September 6, 2018
Since today I am not well, I decided to have the mushroom soup for dinner. But I told hubby that I don't feel like going out. Maka, terpaksa la google and buat sendiri mushroom soup. Kebetulan, last week, I bought extra mushroom. Village Grocer ada buy 1 free 1 Tuscan mushroom. Being a cheapskate mom, aku borong the mushroom. The next few days, aku kena pikir menu mushroom seterusnya. Hahaha..
Wild Mushroom Soup
250gram of mixed Tuscan mushroom (sliced)
100gram of enoki mushroom (sliced)
1 yellow onion (diced)
3 tbsp of butter
4 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup plain flour
5-6 cups water
3-4 cube of chicken stock
1/2 cup cooking cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a pot, saute the diced onion. Once the onion is yellow and soft, add the mushroom. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil and flour. Stir it
2. Add water and chicken stock. Once it boiled, add the cream, milk, salt and pepper. Simmer it for about 15 minutes. If it's too thick, add more water. Let it cool
3. Pour the soup in a food processor, blend it and pour it back into the pot. Reheat before serving.
Note : the mushroom soup is really good. As good as the one served at Village Grocer.
Ni gambar the mushroom that I used.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
Bila baca the viral version, I was turned off. Sebab the fat (butter) content is low, sugar too high, flour ratio is high too, which will yield a dry and crumbly cake. True enough, feedbacks from friends yg dah bake the cake, and other blogs, memang cakap cake ni kering and berderai. I don't like dry cake, to me, a cake has to be moist and buttery. So I came up with my own version for the base.
Fruit Pastry Cake
250gram butter (unsalted)
1 1/4 cup sugar
6 eggs lightly beaten
3 1/2 cup self raising flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
(boleh omit the salt Kalau guna salted butter)
Cream butter and sugar. Pastu add the egg , vanilla, salt until well combined. Then add the flour, alternate with yoghurt. Then spread in a 12x12 inch pan (Atau 2 x 7inci pan). Susun the fruits (sliced peach, blueberries and strawberries), jangan press the fruits down, baked for 50-60 minutes, 150-160 degree Celsius.
Bake using 12x12 pan sebab cake is not supposed to be too tall.
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Patutnya bake dari semalam, but we ran out of yoghurt. Then bila dah beli yoghurt, aluminium foil pulak takde. Adoi! Dugaan betul.
I made few changes to the original recipe. The truth was, we have no white granulated sugar at home, maka, terpaksa la guna brown sugar. And Masya Allah, it turned out great!
1 3/4 cups (230g) of Graham cracker
1 Tbsp sugar Pinch salt
4 Tbsp plus
1 teaspoon (60g) unsalted butter
900gram cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs
2/3 cup sour cream/yoghurt (160 ml)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups sour cream (475 ml)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounces (340 g) fresh raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 g)
1/2 cup water (120 ml)
PREPARE THE CRUST
1 Process graham crackers, mix with sugar, salt, butter: Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Put in a large bowl, and stir in the sugar and salt. Stir in the melted butter. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), with rack in lower third of oven.
2 Press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan: Gently press down on the crumbs using your fingers, until the crumbs are a nice even layer at the bottom of the pan, with maybe just a slight rise along the inside edges of the pan.
3 Bake the crust: Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. While the crust is cooling, you can skip ahead and start on the filling. Wait until the crust has cooled to wrap the pan in foil in the next step.
4 Triple wrap pan in heavy duty foil: Prepare the springform pan so that no water leaks into it while cooking. Place a large 18-inch by 18-inch square of heavy duty aluminum foil on a flat surface. Place the springform pan in the middle of the foil. Gently fold up the sides of the foil around the pan. Make sure to do this gently so that you don't create any holes in the foil. If there are any holes, water will get into the pan and ruin the crust. Press the foil around the edges of the pan. Place a second large square of foil underneath the pan, and repeat, gently folding up the sides of the foil around the pan and pressing the foil against the pan. To be triply safe, repeat with a third layer of heavy duty foil. Gently crimp the top of the foil sheets around the top edge of the pan.
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
1 Beat cream cheese, then sugar: Cut the cream cheese into chunks and place in the bowl of an electric mixer, with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes until smooth, soft and creamy. Add the sugar, beat for 4 minutes more.
2 Add salt, vanilla, then eggs, then sour cream: Add the salt and vanilla, beating after each addition. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition. Add the sour cream, beat until incorporated.
3 Add the heavy cream, beat until incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl, and scrape up any thicker bits of cream cheese that have stuck to the bottom of the mixer that paddle attachment has failed to incorporate.
COOK THE CHEESECAKE
1 Prepare pan and boiling water: Place the foil-wrapped springform pan in a large, high-sided roasting pan. Prepare 2 quarts of boiling water. Heat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2 Pour filling into pan: Pour the cream cheese filling into the springform pan, over the graham cracker bottom layer. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
3 Place in oven: Place the roasting pan with the springform pan in it, in the oven, on the lower rack.
4 Carefully pour the hot water into the roasting pan (without touching the hot oven), to create a water bath for the cheesecake, pouring until the water reaches halfway up the side of the springform pan, about 1 1/4 inches. (Alternatively you can add the water before putting the pan in the oven, whichever is easier for you.)
5 Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 1 1/2 hours.
6 Turn off the heat of the oven. Crack open the oven door 1-inch, and let the cake cool in the oven, as the oven cools, for another hour. This gentle cooling will help prevent the cheesecake surface from cracking.
7 Chill 4 hours: Cover the top of the cheesecake with foil, so that it doesn't actually touch the cheesecake. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
PREPARE SOUR CREAM TOPPING Place sour cream in a medium sized bowl, stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla, until smooth. Chill until you are ready to serve the cake. Note that this recipe produces enough sour cream topping for a thick topping and some extra to spoon over individual pieces of cheesecake, if desired. If you would like a thinner layer of topping and no extra, reduce the sour cream topping ingredients in half.
PREPARE THE RASPBERRY SAUCE Place raspberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Use a potato masher to mash the raspberries. Heat on medium, whisking, about 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Let cool.
PREPARE THE CHEESECAKE TO SERVE Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Remove the foil from the sides of the pan, and place the cake on your cake serving dish. Run the side of a blunt knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Dorie recommends, and we've done with success, that you use a hair dryer to heat the sides of the pan to make it easier to remove. Open the springform latch and gently open the pan and lift up the sides. Spread the top with the sour cream mixture. Serve plain or drizzle individual slices with raspberry sauce.
Saturday, August 11, 2018
This Churros tasted almost the same as the one yg aku beli kat Disneyland LA tu. But since now I am on keto diet, I had to refrained myself from eating more than 1. Aku makan tadi just to rasa, betul ke sedap sebab anak sedara aku couldn't stop eating it.
Homemade Churros by
⅔ cup All-Purpose Flour (110g)
¼ stick Unsalted Butter
1 cup Water (250ml)
pinch of Salt
2 tsp Sugar
Oil , for frying
Place water, butter, sugar & a pinch of salt into a medium size sauce pan. Bring to the boil.
Add the flour and mix vigorously until well blended (the dough will come together in a minute or two).
Remove from the stove and let it cool a bit. Once it is not too hot, add the egg and work the egg into the dough. Try to do it as fast as possible. At the beginning it might look like the churro dough doesn’t wanna bind but take your time it will.
Pour the oil into a large frying pan and heat it up.
Fill a piping bag fitted with star piping tip with half of the dough (it is easier to handle).
Check if the oil is ready for frying by dropping a tiny piece of the dough in. Once the dough turns nice brown, you are ready to pipe the churros in.
Pipe the dough directly into the hot oil (choose any length you like) and cut with a fork (I found fork the best tool for this). Do not pipe too many churros in as they need space for frying. It will take only about 2 minutes for them to get nice golden color and that is a sign they are ready. They should get the color gradually. If you see they are not getting dark evenly, reduce the temperature.
Take them out and place them on a paper kitchen towel to get rid of the excess oil.
When they are still warm, roll each of them in a sugar mixed with ground cinnamon.
Serve warm with thick hot chocolate or chocolate pudding.
1. Work the egg fast into the dough it to prevent the egg from cooking. This may be a bit tricky, as the dough is quite hard at this point. If you find it hard to mix with a wooden spoon, use an electric mixer.
2. You can either pipe the churros directly into oil or pipe them onto a sheet of baking parchment first and then place these into hot oil.
Thursday, August 9, 2018
The Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever by
For the dough:
¾ cup cold milk
2 ¼ teaspoons active yeast
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
3 cups bread flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
For the cream cheese frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add dry ingredients, flour, yeast, sugar, salt, to the bowl. Make a well.
2. Add melted butter, eggs and milk. Stir the ingredients.
3. Place dough hook on mixer and knead dough on medium speed for 8 minutes. Dough should form into a nice ball and be
slightly sticky. (If you don’t want to use an electric mixer, you can use your hands to knead the dough for 8-10 minutes on a
4. Transfer dough ball to a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel. Allow dough to rise for 1 hour to 1 ½
hours, or until doubled in size.
5. After dough has doubled in size, transfer dough to a well-floured surface and roll out into a 14x9 inch rectangle. Spread
softened butter over dough, leaving a ¼ inch margin at the far side of the dough.
6. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Use your hands to sprinkle mixture over the buttered dough, then
gently rub in into the butter a little. Tightly roll dough up, starting from the 9 inch side and place seam side down making
sure to seal the edges of the dough as best you can. Cut into 1 inch sections with a serrated knife or floss. You should get
9 large pieces.
7. Place cinnamon rolls in a greased 9x9 inch baking pan or round 9 inch cake pan. (I also recommend lining the pan with
parchment paper as well, in case any of the filling ends up leaking out.) Cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel and let
rise again for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and towel and bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes or until just
slightly golden brown on the edges. You want to underbake them a little so they stay soft in the middle, that’s why we want
them just slightly golden brown. Allow them to cool for a 5 minutes before frosting. Makes 9 cinnamon rolls.
9. To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Beat until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Beras siam wangi AAA 6 cawan
Beras Pulut 1 cawan
Total berat beras should be about 1.5-1.6kg
(Santan campur air should be 1000ml)
Garam 3 sudu kecik
8 ulas bawang merah
5 ulas bawang putih
2 Inci halia (semua tu mayang halus)
2 sudu kecik halba yg direndam 30 mins
1. Basuh beras dan rendam beras selama 45-60 min.
2. Toskan. Masukkan air separas dengan beras. High pressure selama 3min
3. Bila dah masak, masukkan nasik kedalam bekas besar, tuang santan,bawang, halia, halba dan harung sampai nasi suam. Hidang dengan gulai Ikan tongkol dan acar.
Sunday, June 17, 2018
Anyway, kalau google the best carrot cake, macam2 recipe keluar. Semua orang mengaku their carrot cake is the best. Satu hal pulak aku nak kena mencari the best among the best. I decided on iambaker recipe sebab her recipes so far, never failed me. But of course, kena tweak a bit.
The Best Carrot Cake
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cuo raisins
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
2 1/4 c grated carrots
1/2 cup canned pineapple, diced
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Prepare two 8-inch round baking pans. (Can also do three 7-inch round cake pans) Butter pans generously or spray with baking spray.
Beat the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs in mixer until it is a light yellow, about 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. (Double sifting is recommended)
With the mixer on low speed, slowly and gently add in the dry ingredients. Mix until JUST combined. (Can also mix by hand!)
Remove bowl from mixer and fold raisins, nuts, carrots, and pineapple.
Divide the batter equally between the pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. A few crumbs are what you want for a MOIST cake!
Allow the cakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cover in cream cheese frosting