Orange Butter Cake
Recipe : My Kitchen Snippets
227gram/2 sticks butter – room temperature (I used 250gm)
200 gram sugar (I reduced the sugar to 170gm)
220 gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 large eggs
Zest of an orange
5 tbsp orange juice (I used 80ml)
1. Grease and line an 8” round baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the orange zest.
3. Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour. Finally stir in orange juice. Mix until well combined.
4. Turn out mixture into prepared tin. Level out mixture at the sides but allow a shallow well in the centre. This is to enable the cake to level up evenly during baking.
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.