Monday, April 21, 2014

Crazy Over Madeleine

To date, dah more than 12 times aku baked madeleine. Why? sebab aku ada OCD rupanya... huhuhu... My obsession with madeleines started bila tengok madeleines k.nur yang sungguh gebu, with humps! Mine? No humps or kalau ada pun, sungguh kecik. The frustration leads to countless madeleine making in the kitchen. Finally, I managed to get it right. Still guna recipe Dorie, but I have perfected the recipe and hubby loves it so much. Sekali makan, habis 3 trays! Adoi!! memang melampau.

 Bila nampak the humps, I felt like crying... 

Recipe Dorie boleh tengok kat sini ye Dorie Greenspan 

These are the steps that I took to achieve the humps
1. simpan batter overnight
2. cling wrap the batter surface
3. preheat oven at 220 degree celcius without fan. bakar at that temperature. 
4. have fun! :D

French Pastry Chef, Pim, ada make a detail description of how madeleine should look like and taste like here.

I think I have achieved both. Madeleine aku crunchy and soft. I am so happy!!

 The pan that I used. 


4 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum wbr,

    Saya ni silent reader. Terpikat bila tengok acuan madeleine tu. Ada buat untuk jualan tak?
    Terima kasih.

    Aisyah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wsalam aisyah,

      Yes. 1 pan rm90, 2 pans for rm170. Stock sampai mid may. Whatsapp my number 0182722880

      Delete
  2. Salam Shidahhhh...!!! :D ouucchh..lama tak tengok your blog and I'm surprise cause You had many new stuffs to catch up..especially that pink adorable macarons......pfff I want to say like what usaid also: "finally ..macarons " :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Citra!! hugs! how are you??? I have been wondering what happened to your blog. No, I havent bake any macaron yet. That pink macarons were gift from a friend. I dare not venture into macaron baking :D

      Delete