I'm still using the sweet bun recipe shared by Happy Flour. I love her recipe sebab aku tak payah guna any additive, and roti still lembut dan gebu. Lagipun I'm the kind yang, kalau dah sesuai dengan satu recipe, aku akan guna that recipe je unless buat kek. With roti, malas nak trial and error sebab it's time consuming bila buat roti ni. So, kalau aku end up dengan recipe yang tak menjadi, I'd be wasting my time.
Aku dah penah kena sekali, masa buat roti naik. Someone gave me a recipe, which she herself hasnt tried. Maybe because it was from a recipe book, she thought it's foolproof. Ended up, aku wasted more than 10 hours menunggu roti yang tak naik2. Memang frust! To me, if u wanna share a recipe, share a foolproof recipe which has been tried. Tak boleh expect orang mencuba untuk kita. Err.. that's my 2 cents. Sorry sangat kalau aku ada mengguris hati sesapa. It was unintentional.
Recipe (This recipe is perfect! but I reduced the sugar)
(Basic Sweet Buns Dough)
200g bread flour
100g plain flour
6g instant yeast
55g sugar (I only use 2 tbs)
100g raisins } soak for 5mins
1tsp water } then squeeze out liquid
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter and rasins.
2. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
3. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
5. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in the raisins.
6. Divide dough into about 55g each portion and rest for another 10mins.
7. Shape into round ball and arrange it on a greased tray.
8. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
9. Preheat oven to 190C.
10.Brush surface with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
11.Remove buns from tin, brush surface with butter and cool on a wire rack.
Note: You can use this basic sweet buns dough to make any types of buns of your choice. If you prefer a softer buns, just add 1/2tsp of bread improver or softener.