Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homemade Beef Patties

Dah lama aku tak guna my DSLR. The reason being, I am too busy to take it out and play with it. Most of my recent photos of food were being taken using my handphone. Aku still want to feature it on the blog for one reason, recipe sharing. All of the recipes that are featured here has been tested and kena dengan selera aku. Alhamdulillah, those yang cuba the recipes here pun sangat suka the recipes. Do try it out.

Hubby wants to eat clean 6 out of 7 days. Everyday, I need to crack my head, pikir apa nak masak. Today I made homemade patties, which is a healthier choice than ramly burger or other burgers yg dijual di hypermarket.

Healthy Homemade Beef Burger

Uncle Bill Hamburger Patties

Ingredients
1kg lean ground beef (I used minced topside)
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup crushed soda crackers or 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (I used ottogi breadcrumbs)
3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons hickory barbecue sauce (I didnt have any bbq sauce, I substitute it with 3 tbs of tomato sauce and 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce)
6 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)

Directions:


  1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground round, beaten eggs, onions, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and barbecue sauce. Mix until well incorporated. 
  2. Weigh out hamburger patties to 6 - 7 ounce each. 
  3. Press together and flatten to about 3 1/2" in diameter or use a mold. 
  4. The patties should be about 3/4" thick. 
  5. Using a round wooden spoon handle (about 1/4" round), make a hole in the center of the hamburger pattie. 
  6. In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. 
  7. Place 3 patties into the hot oil and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, the hole will begin to close. 
  8. Turn patty over and continue to fry for about 2 to 3 minutes. 
  9. The hole that was made in the pattie will fill in when the hamburger is cooked through properly. 
  10.  Check for doneness to make sure there is no pink showing. 
  11. NOTE: If the burger mixture does not hold together when squeezed, add some milk and mix to blend. 
  12. Serve in a nice large bun that is warmed and buttered with a spread of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, a slice of sweet onion, a slice of a large tomato, and a leaf of lettuce. 
  13. A slice of Swiss cheese layered on the burger patty is great. 
  14. A pickle of your choice adds an additional touch. 
  15.  Fry some mushrooms and spread some over the top of the bun. 
  16. Fried caramalized onions are a good added touch. 
  17. This makes a fantastic hamburger.

4 comments:

  1. yums! sedapnya...burger ni mmg one of my fav. Dulu2 pernah jugak try buat patties sendiri. skrg ni dah jarang mkn burger. nnti I nk try buat resepi you pulak...lain resepi mesti lain rasanya kan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby was quite suprised with the taste. Dia kata sangat sedap. My daughter iman makan 2 patties. I guess sedap.kot. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. rajinnya..nak ckit..kenyang ni kalau dapat makan kan..

    ReplyDelete