Hubby wants to eat clean 6 out of 7 days. Everyday, I need to crack my head, pikir apa nak masak. Today I made homemade patties, which is a healthier choice than ramly burger or other burgers yg dijual di hypermarket.
Healthy Homemade Beef Burger
Uncle Bill Hamburger Patties
Ingredients1kg lean ground beef (I used minced topside)
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup crushed soda crackers or 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (I used ottogi breadcrumbs)
3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons hickory barbecue sauce (I didnt have any bbq sauce, I substitute it with 3 tbs of tomato sauce and 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce)
6 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground round, beaten eggs, onions, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and barbecue sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
- Weigh out hamburger patties to 6 - 7 ounce each.
- Press together and flatten to about 3 1/2" in diameter or use a mold.
- The patties should be about 3/4" thick.
- Using a round wooden spoon handle (about 1/4" round), make a hole in the center of the hamburger pattie.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Place 3 patties into the hot oil and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, the hole will begin to close.
- Turn patty over and continue to fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- The hole that was made in the pattie will fill in when the hamburger is cooked through properly.
- Check for doneness to make sure there is no pink showing.
- NOTE: If the burger mixture does not hold together when squeezed, add some milk and mix to blend.
- Serve in a nice large bun that is warmed and buttered with a spread of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, a slice of sweet onion, a slice of a large tomato, and a leaf of lettuce.
- A slice of Swiss cheese layered on the burger patty is great.
- A pickle of your choice adds an additional touch.
- Fry some mushrooms and spread some over the top of the bun.
- Fried caramalized onions are a good added touch.
- This makes a fantastic hamburger.