Since aku tak penah masak beef stew and I dont wanna waste time to try a recipe yang ada possibility tak jadi, maka aku guna the recipe in allrecipes.com. One thing I like about allrecipes.com is the fact that the readers took the time to review and make changes to the recipe whenever necessary. So, untuk orang yg pemalas mcm aku ni, all I need to do is just skim through the comments, pick some ideas and suggestions, then throw in some of mine, voila! jadila a perfect recipe, to my taste :D
Beef Stew (pronounced as "stju")
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups water mixed with beef stock (boleh guna knorr or maggi)
Note : if the stew is too thin, melt butter, add few tbs flour, cook until brown, add 1 cup of water, stir it, then pour it into the stew. If the mixture is lumpy, blend it before pouring into the stew.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and cook coated beef cubes until evenly browned. Add chopped onion.
- Once the onion has turned brown, transfer beef to slow cooker and add carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, thick soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Pour in water and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Serve hot!!(aku cuma masa atas dapur for about 4 hours je.)
No baguette in the house, maka terpaksa la makan dengan roti putih.