source : http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-paella/
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 3/4 cups instant brown rice
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sweet pepper; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Add chicken, garlic, paprika, and turmeric. Cook and stir until chicken is brown. Stir in uncooked rice, broth, water, salt, and black pepper.
3. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes and peas. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.
As I mentioned earlier, I cheated by transferring the 3/4 cooked rice into rice cooker. Tak kuasa ler aku nak menunggu depan skillet tu for the paella to cook. Baik masuk rice cooker, pastu bila dah masak, terus boleh makan. Nasik pun tak hangit. I have a tendency untuk masak nasik hangit kalau masak guna dapur gas sebab aku akan leka buat benda lain. Sila la cuba ye :)