But with Nur Kasih, it's different. Masa mula2 TV3 aired Nur Kasih, I didnt follow the drama series. Bila orang dah habis heboh pasal Nur Kasih, baru la aku terhegeh2 nak download the drama series. Mula-mula tengok, rasa macam biasa je. Tapi, bila dah masuk episode ke 2, 3, dan seterusnya, aku tak boleh stop. Iman and Iffah pun ikut tengok the drama series sebab mama dia orang macam glued to the PC monitor.
Bila Nur Kasih the movie keluar, Iffah yang mula2 ajak tengok. Kebetulan, last weekend masa pegi bowling tournament tu, Roger pun nak ikut sama. Today, Roger sponsored 10 tickets for whoever yang nak pegi tengok. And petang semalam, the tickets were successfully distributed. It will be girls' nite out for us. Iman and Iffah pun akan pegi malam ni. Padahal esok, they still have 2 more exam to go. Aisey! I'm such a bad mom, giving them wrong signal. Patutnya minggu exam kena duduk rumah study, but mama dia orang sibuk ajak gi tengok cerita Nur Kasih. Takpe la, once in a lifetime (hopefully), next time mama tak buat lagi ok!
Thank you Roger for your generosity.
Turkey Stew (the recipe can be found here)
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water mixed with chicken stock (boleh guna knorr or maggi)
Note : if the stew is too thin, melt butter, add few tbs flour, cook until brown, add 1 cup of water, stir it, then pour it into the stew. If the mixture is lumpy, blend it before pouring into the stew.
- Dredge turkey cubes in flour until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and cook coated beef cubes until evenly browned. Add chopped onion.
- Once the onion has turned brown, transfer beef to slow cooker and add carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, thick soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Pour in water and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Serve hot!!(aku cuma masak atas dapur for about 4 hours je.)
Hubby tak makan daging or ayam sekarang, so I have to use turkey. Kebetulan pulak kat Jusco, the turkey cubes were selling at 50% off. So, aku pun stock up on turkey pieces.
The movie tickets for tonite!