This time I baked this cake untuk my sister Ayu. Dah lama tak buat RVC, terlupa betapa lazatnya kek ni. Aku makan 5 bijik cupcakes ni... huhuhu... aku sangat berduka cita sekarang sebab dah tak tau brapa kilo I have gained from that cupcakes.
sangat menyentuh kalbu..
dari kacamata sebuah telepon
tengok la macam mana makcik ni melahap beberapa bijik cupcakes. model - Ciksu
teddy bear pun nak jugak makan cupcake ni
Photos courtesy of Iman - love you kakak!
Adapted from Browneyedbaker
For the Cupcakes:
250 gram salted butter
2 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons red food coloring
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup buttermilk (mix 2 cup of milk with 2 tsp of lemon or vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes)
4 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
6 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
250gram butter, at room temperature
500gram cream cheese, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
2. On medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to high and add the egg. Scrape down the bowl and beat until well incorporated.
3.Add cocoa powder, red colouring and vanilla to the batter and mix on medium speed until completely combined. You may need to stop the mixer to scrape the bottom of the bowl, making sure that all the batter gets color.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add half of the buttermilk. Add half of the flour and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and repeat the process with the remaining milk and flour. Beat on high until smooth.
5. Again, reduce the mixer speed to low and add the salt, baking soda and vinegar. Turn to high and beat for another couple of minutes until completely combined and smooth.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a thin knife or skewer inserted into the center of the largest cupcake comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove cupcakes from the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
8. To make the frosting: Using the whisk attachment, whip the butter and cream cheese on high speed for about 5 minutes, scraping the bowl down as necessary. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until all is incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Increase the speed to medium high and whip for a few minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary.
*Note: This recipe can make 4 layer of cakes using a 9-inch layer cake.