Maka, nak taknak, terpaksa la aku google recipe for bread pudding. Bila tengok recipe ina garten, macam menarik je. But as usual, lepas dah baca the reviews from other users, I tweaked the recipe to suit my not so sweet taste. Mok loves the bread pudding. First time dia suka makan bread pudding. Oleh kerana the bread pudding is creamy enough, aku tak buat the vanilla sauce. Actually, tu alasan orang yg malas. Hehe.. mintak maaf la ye, aku memang kurang gemar spending time in the kitchen more than necessary.
What I love about this pudding is the crusty top.
Tempting tak? hehe.. mok makan 1/4 of this
Croissant Bread Pudding
3 large whole eggs
8 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups cream
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tbs cinnamon powder
6-7 croissants, preferably stale
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla. Set the custard mixture aside. Slice the croissants in half horizontally.
3. In a 9 x 9 square baking dish, distribute the bottoms of the sliced croissants, then add the raisins in between the sliced croissant, being sure the raisins are between the layers of croissants or they will burn while baking.
4. Pour the custard over the croissants and allow to soak for 10 minutes, pressing down gently. Place the pan in a larger one filled with 1-inch of hot water.
5. Cover the larger pan with aluminum foil, tenting the foil so it doesn't touch the pudding. Cut a few holes in the foil to allow steam to escape.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 to 45 more minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.