My chocolate ganache is melting under this scorching weather
Devil food chocolate cake, fondant aku buat using marshmallows but design Monster High tu by ciksu
Aku masak nasik minyak hujan panas. Peh! memang sesuai dengan cuaca yang amat panas now. Actually hari ni, aku bangun without a voice. Sob sob... suara ku lari meninggalkan ku. Bila bercakap, I sounded like itik serati. Habis suara seksiku. And somehow, rumah rasa a bit sunyi, sebab mama tak boleh membebel. I guess the girls are extremely happy now. Ye la, takde orang nak membebel kat dia orang.
Adapted from Food.com
500gram white mini marshmallows ( use a good quality brand)
2 -5 tablespoons water
900gram icing sugar
1/2 cup Crisco shortening ( you will be digging into it so place in a very easily accessed bowl)
1. Melt marshmallows and 3 1/2 tablespoons of water using double boiler.
2. Place 3/4 of the powdered sugar on the top of the melted marshmallow mix.
3. Now grease your hands GENEROUSLY - palms, backs and in between fingers, then heavily grease the counter you will be using and dump the bowl of marshmallow/sugar mixture in the middle.
4. Start kneading like you would bread dough. You will immediately see why you have greased your hands. Keep kneading, this stuff is sticky at this stage! Add the rest of the powdered sugar and knead some more. Re-grease your hands and counter when the fondant is sticking.
5. If the mix is tearing easily, it is to dry, so add water (about ½ tablespoon at a time then knead it in). It usually takes me about 8 minutes to get a firm smooth elastic ball so that it will stretch without tearing when you apply it to the cake. Its best if you can let it sit, double wrapped, overnight (but you can use it right away if there are no tiny bits of dry powdered sugar). If you do see them, you will need to knead and maybe add a few more drops of water.
6. Prepare the fondant for storing by coating it with a good layer of Crisco shortening, wrap in a plastic- type wrap product and then put it in a re-sealable or Ziploc bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible.