Dia bagi aku seaweed sheet, pickled raddish, pickled vege (tak tau nama) & fishcake sheet. Macam2 boleh letak dalam kimbap tu termasuk la telur, sausage, zucchini dan lain2. Kimbap ni lebih kurang sushi, cuma bezanya dalam nasi sushi, kena add vinegar and sugar. But dalam nasi kimbap, kena add sesame oil and korean salt.
Maangchi's version of Kimbap
- 5-6 cups cooked rice (made from 3 cups of uncooked rice)
- laver (“kim”)
- yellow radish pickle (“danmu ji”)
- 1 avocado
- crabmeat, a can of tuna
- soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and seeds, and a green onion.
- Prepare about 5-6 cups of cooked rice in a large bowl
- Make your mixing sauce by mixing up ½ tbs sugar, 1 ts salt, and 1 tbs of vinegar until the liquid looks clear
- Mix rice with the mixing sauce and stir it evenly. Set it aside for now.
Prepare a large plate to arrange all ingredients for kimbap
- Make seasoned tuna flakes
- Open a can of tuna and remove the oil or water. Put it on a heated pan and drizzle some sesame oil over it. Toss it and cook it for 2 minutes
- Add 1 tbs of soy sauce, ½ tbs of sugar, 1 clove of minced garlic, and 1 ts of ground black pepper.
- Keep stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add 1 chopped green onion, 2 ts of sesame oil and 1 tbs of toasted sesame seeds.
- Place 3 yellow radish pickle strips on the plate.
- Place 3 pieces of crab meat on the plate.
- Slice an avocado and place it on the plate.
Let’s roll Kimbap!
- Place a sheet of laver(“kim”) on the bamboo mat and evenly spread a layer of rice in the center of it.
- Place 2-3 spoons of seasoned tuna flakes on top of the layer of rice. Add a yellow radish pickle strip, some avocado, and a red crab meat strip.
- Roll it up gently using the bamboo mat.
- Remove the bamboo mat and cut the roll into pieces about 2 cm thick and place it on a plate
*tip: prepare a wet cloth or paper towel to wipe the knife while cutting, it will make it slice easier.
Fillings for Kimchi kimbap
If you want to make kimchi kimbap, instead of tuna kimbap, mix the following ingredients and use them instead of tuna:
½ cup of chopped Kimchi, ½ tbs of hot pepper paste, 1 ts sugar, ½ tbs of sesame oil, ½ tbs of sesame seeds, and 1 chopped green onion.