Since aku tak penah masak beef stew and I dont wanna waste time to try a recipe yang ada possibility tak jadi, maka aku guna the recipe in allrecipes.com. One thing I like about allrecipes.com is the fact that the readers took the time to review and make changes to the recipe whenever necessary. So, untuk orang yg pemalas mcm aku ni, all I need to do is just skim through the comments, pick some ideas and suggestions, then throw in some of mine, voila! jadila a perfect recipe, to my taste :D
Beef Stew (pronounced as "stju")
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups water mixed with beef stock (boleh guna knorr or maggi)
Note : if the stew is too thin, melt butter, add few tbs flour, cook until brown, add 1 cup of water, stir it, then pour it into the stew. If the mixture is lumpy, blend it before pouring into the stew.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and cook coated beef cubes until evenly browned. Add chopped onion.
- Once the onion has turned brown, transfer beef to slow cooker and add carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, thick soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Pour in water and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Serve hot!!(aku cuma masa atas dapur for about 4 hours je.)
No baguette in the house, maka terpaksa la makan dengan roti putih.
uuuu.. love it! love it! love it! harus buat weekend nnti (kena tggu beli daging kat pasar tani :p). thank u kak shidah! mmmuaaahhhhss...ReplyDelete
hehe.. belum rasa lagi, belum tau. I bought daging kat Jusco, australian beef. Sedap coz daging dia sangat tender. :)
shiah, i pun sama..suka sgt cari resepi omputih (ehehe kita pun putih gak :P) kat allrecipe sbb boleh tengok comment yg byk kata sedap kan! so kalau cuba mesti enjadi :DReplyDelete
dah lama nk cuba beef stew tp tk tercuba2 lagi...eh u beli beef yg dah siap potong cube tu ke?
I pun! Kalau nak cari recipe omputih (walaupun I pun omputih), I will go to Allrecipes.com. Tadi I buat honey mustard, sedap!!ReplyDelete
The chunck beef boleh beli kat Jusco. Normally I beli bila ada 50% off. hahahaha.. the cheapskate in me. :D
Cook on LOW for 10-12 hrs? Oh my, that would naturally dampen my semangat big time, hehe.4
You masak selama 4 jam on stove? wow!! U certainly have the patience :-)
Kalau campak dalam slow cooker in the morning, by petang dah boleh makan. provided tak lupa nak on the slow cooker.. hehehe
mcm tak caya kan i boleh jadi tukang masak yg jitu. hahaha.. tapi kan, semlm i buat lagi stew. :D