Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Balik Terengganu For The Weekend..

Last week on Friday, tiba-tiba, hubby cakap, "Jom balik Terengganu!". That was before Friday prayer, two hours later, lepas prayer, kita orang pun balik la ke Terengganu. Nasib baik anak ada dua orang je, so packing is quite easy. Kalau anak ada 4 orang, mau pengsan kalau hubby bagi short notice macam tu. The reason we all balik was because hubby nak ambik his mom, and dia pun memang ada keje kat Terengganu. But because of the short stay in Terengganu, aku tak sempat nak update blog as promised during my stay there.

Since it was a short stay, jadual kita orang memang packed! And guess what?? Aku kena masak!!! Huwaaaa.... Even balik for 2 hari, pun kena masak jugak. I told hubby, I have no complaint about cooking for his mom, cuma .... *sigh*... malas la nak cakap. Seriously! aku memang takde complaint la about cooking, cuma kadang2 sakit hati jugak tengok individu lain yg bersenang lenang, lepas aku dah habis masak, duduk kat meja makan untuk makan je. I told hubby, if I didnt cook, then his mom will have to do the cooking. Walaupun aku penat, takpe, aku rela masak supaya his mom tak letih. Argh! rasa mcm nak tulis lagi, but aku malas ler nak bermasam muka dgn orang. GRrr......

Anyway, hari ni aku buat Pisang Kaki for tea. Enjoy!! :D

recipe can be found here.

ps : aku baru tau, the name of this dish is pisang kaki

4 comments:

  1. kat Terengganu biasa panggil pengat pisang... x pernah dgr plks pisang kaki.. my mum selalu msk ms i kecik2dulu..

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam anonymous,

    i pun tak pernah dengar before, pisang kaki tu. bila kawin, baru tau. pengat pisang guna santan, this pisang kaki guna susu cair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sizuka, I have always loved Trengganu. Used to stay at Primula hotel very often back in the '80s.
    I love the pisang kaki you made. Have not eaten this can't remember when.
    And yes, I miss Trengganu's nasi dagang. I remember one shop near the market by the river where I used to have it for breakfast.
    I bet you have a Black Belt in cooking too....
    You have fun and simpan satu lagu dalam hati, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Lee,

    I love Terengganu too. People might say I'm bias coz I'm orang Terengganu. But there's not state like Terengganu in Malaysia, except Sabah :)

    You can make you own Pisang Kaki, it's easy enough, that even my hubby yang tak pandai masak pun, can cook this dish. I tell you, once you taste it, it will definitely be in your weekly menu. And yes, Nasi Dagang Terengganu is to die for. But after 11 years being married to a Nasi Dagang sworn fan, I can no longer take any Nasi Dagang. Pasar Payang now has changed a lot. You'll be suprised. :)

    Err.. Black Belt in cooking? hehe.. I'm just a yellow belt holder :D

    Thx for visiting Uncle Lee.

    ReplyDelete