Tengahari tadi, after sending Iffah to school, I went out with mok. We went to Jusco AU2. Kebetulan, masa tu, ada lean minced meat on 50% sale. I bought 2 packs, maybe about 600gm. Tiba2 teringat meatball K.Min. Aku pun terus beli the ingredients (aku main hentam je beli barang coz tak tengok recipe beforehand). Instead of beli cream, I bought sour cream! Nasib baik ler the recipe that I used, in the review, one of the reader guna sour cream which suprisingly, memang buatkan the sauce sebijik2 rasa mcm kat Ikea.
Swedish Meatballs with Strawberry jam.
Meatballs before digoreng.
Recipe from Food Network.
* 2 slices fresh white bread
* 1/4 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons clarified butter, divided
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I added 3/4)
* A pinch plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt (guna garam biasa je)
* 3/4 pound ground chuck (600gm of lean minced meat which was on sale kat Jusco.. hahahha.. cheapskate me)
* 2 large egg yolks ( I used 1 egg yolk)
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice ( cant find my allspice, I used mixed herb)
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (didnt add this)
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I ran out of all purpose, I used bread flour.. boleh?)
* 3 cups beef broth ( I used 500ml of water with 5 small cubes of knor beef stock)
* 1/4 cup heavy cream ( I used 1/2 cup of light sour cream)
Tear the bread into pieces and place in a small mixing bowl along with the milk. Set aside.
In a 12-inch straight sided saute pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sweat until ...the onions are soft. Remove from the heat and set aside.
I only followed the 1st two steps, lepas tu, buat steps sendiri. I mixed minced meat with onion, bread, egg yolk, salt, spices, then bulat2 kan, leave it in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
lepas dah keluarkan from the fridge, deep fry it. leceh la nak masukkan dalam oven. so for this step, I followed Jamie's method.. hehe.. bila dah masak, set aside.
in a saucepan, melt few tbs of butter, then add flour, brown it, pastu add the broth. pastu masukkan the sour cream. taste 1st before adding salt coz the beef stock dah masin. if the sauce is lumpy, just masukkan dalam blender, and blend it to make it smooth.
The kids love this so much! Cumakan, a bit salty sebab aku ter add garam lebih. I was in a hurry, tak pikir. But alhamdulillah, still very delicious, according to Iman and Iffah.