On the day aku antar kuih sekaya to rumah Ju, Ju balas dengan brownies which use recipe from Hershey's website. Tak sangka sedap sangat. But Ju letak cheese topping kat atas. Iffah loves it too. Dia kata sedap and suruh mama dia buat. Huh! Me? Baking brownies?? Aisey! Memang bercinta la nak buat. Tapi oleh kerana dah ada request from anakanda, maka, terpaksa la buat jugak.
Kebetulan, aku dapat Callibaut cocoa powder from Rina (Thx Rina), so, aku pun terus la study the recipe. I made minor changes to the recipe based on the review written by viewers.
k.min ye. hahahhaa.. pening kepala k.min :P
Best Brownies by Hershey's
Adapted from Hershey's
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Callibaut cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used wanuts and almond slices)
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.
CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk;
beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.