Saturday, June 5, 2010

Guests for Dinner

Yesterday was Jusco AU2 Fiesta. As usual, I went to Jusco AU2 to do some shopping. Faisal, hubby's friend since kindy, is here in KL. He came from KK for some business engagement. Since Faisal dah berbaik hati to host us masa we all pegi KK, aku pun feel the need to reciprocate. But Faisal is not staying with us, instead he's staying with his cousin in Maluri.

Menu for dinner last nite was Nasi Kebuli. For dessert pulak, I made Lompat Tikam. I asked Faisal what he wants me to cook for dinner. He gave me quite a list. Antara menu yang dia mintak, termasuk la Nasi Minyak, Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik, Nasi Dagang, Nasi Kunyit, Pulut Kuning, Lompat Tikam, and panjang lagi sampai aku tak ingat dah. Nasib baik tak pengsan je baca his list tu.. hehe.

Oleh kerana dia tetamu kehormat, maka aku terpaksa la tunaikan jugak permintaan dia. But instead of Nasi Minyak, I cooked Nasi Kebuli, which dia suka sangat. Faisal said my lompat tikam was the best lompat tikam he has ever tasted. Wah! kembang giler aku, terus double size my monggeng.. hahahhaa.. But kan, come to think about it, maybe he felt that way coz dah lama sangat dia tak makan lompat tikam. ye la, kat kota kinabalu, mana nak dapat lompat tikam and not everybody knows how to cook lompat tikam.

Anyway, Bob and Mads joined us for dinner. Hubby's friends stayed until 4am. Aku dah tak larat nak melayan coz I was too tired. Nasib baik la masing2 pandai bawak diri, so aku takyah ler susah payah nak kena buat air byk kali. After dinner, they wanted the lompat tikam, then I made some coffee, pastu that was it! Yay!! aku boleh rehat.. hehe.. But around 1am, hubby mintak another serving of Lompat Tikam. Biar betul! Dessert at 1am ??

Photos will be uploaded shortly...


Nasi Kebuli ~ aku guna beras basmathi extra panjang which I bought from Jusco for RM26 for 2kg.


Nasi Kebuli with ayam goreng, salad and yoghurt.


Dipping sauce for the chicken made from tomatoes, fresh mint, lemon juice, cili padis, salt and sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi shidah, mahalnyer beras basmathi kat sana? Kat S'pore ni kalau beras beras basmathi yg mid range, yg I selalu I beli only ard $5 plus for a 2 kg bag.. Kalau price u, I tak boleh lah selalu makan beras basmathi..hmm coz my kids makan sikit punya banyak.. Anyway, thanks for posting all the recipes. I really enjoy looking at them. Tried some of them, too..
    Well, dun take your fren's negative comments too hard coz maybe she doesn't know that sharing of knowledge tu kan amal jariah jugak..
    Just ignore free loaders and continue with you charitable deeds :)
    Ros-s'pore

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam ros,

    actually basmathi takde la mahal sangat. kalau beli basmathi faiza kashmir RM26 per 5kg, basmathi faiza moghul is RM42 per 5kg. cuma this extra long basmathi je yang mahal. ni baru 1st time i jumpa jual extra long basmathi. before this takde.

    alhamdulillah u benefited from the recipes yang i post. to me, sharing is caring. thx for visiting ros :D

    ReplyDelete