The cuppies I made semalam. Pagi2 lagi, dah meroyan, buat cake. Sebenarnya, sekarang ni, bila aku stress, aku buat cake. Aiyo! rasa risau jugak sebab I dont wanna end up being fat again. Tapikan, the cakes yg aku buat selama ni, aku sedekah2 kan kat orang. Semalam, masa dinner kat rumah my mom with all my siblings minus my mom and dad, aku bawak the red velvet cake yg aku buat. They love it! Dia org tak caya yg aku buat sendiri. Ishk! ada ke patut. Kalau mcm tu, aku merajuk la, taknak buat lagi. Acah je! Berebut-rebut anak2 sedara aku makan the cuppies. Seronok tengok. The love the frosting a lot!
Up, close and personal. I love the frosting a lot!
Coffee & Walnut Cake
Adapted from BBC
· 175g butter
· 150g caster sugar
· 3 large free-range eggs
· 175g Self raising flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 tbp instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 tbs of hot boiling water
· 50g walnut pieces
For the topping and filling
· 2 tbsp instant coffee powder, dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water
· 125g of Mascarpone cheese
· 125g of Cream cheese
· 1 cup of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Line the base of two 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed sponge tins with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and caster sugar until light, pale and fluffy. You could do this by hand, but it is far easier with an electric mixer.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, break them up with a fork, then add them a little at a time to the butter and sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and gently mix into the butter and sugar, either with a hand-mixer on a slow speed or by hand, with a large metal spoon.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in a tablespoon of boiling water, then stir into the mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and fold them in gently
- Divide the cake mixture between the two tins, smooth the top lightly and bake for 20 to 25 minutes - the cake should be springy to the touch and a skewer inserted inside should come out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the topping and filling, whip the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, sugar together and add the coffee mixture.
- Spread half the coffee cream over one of the cake halves and sandwich the cakes together. Smooth the remaining coffee cream over the top.