But the good thing is, seminggu lepas bukak sekolah, they will have 1 week break becoz they will be going to Bat Camp from 22nd to 25th June. Yay! Maknanya this month, aku cuti menjadi supir selama 3 minggu. Muahahahhahahaha.... Happy giler makcik ni.
Semalam, I was a bit busy. Tu yang tak sempat nak update blog. Rina datang ziarah with her parents in law and 3 kids. I cooked meehoon goreng singapore and buatkan apple & date cake. Cuma masa Rina sampai, the apple & date cake tak masak lagi. Huhuhuhu.. sorry Rina. Ni la akibatnya bila takde butter kat rumah.
Aku kena pegi beli butter kat Jusco dulu semalam. But before that, I had to drop hubby kat Trader's Hotel sebab dia ada oil & gas exhibition kat KLCC convention center. Bila sampai kat Jusco, dah almost tengahari. Balik rumah, kelam kabut aku masak meehoon goreng singapore and baked the cake. Tu pun ada hati lagi nak buatkan hoddeok for anak2 Rina. Tapi since Rina dah sms, cakap she'll just singgah kejap je, terpaksa la aku cancel buat hoddeok.
Bila Rina dah balik, aku buatkan Apple Crisp untuk cousin aku Wan. Then bawak the girls pegi rollerblading, pastu balik rumah, buat hoddeok. Rasa nak pengsan dan tercabut kaki aku semalam. I was so tired...
Apple & Date Cake (you can also read it here)
Recipe posted by aussiefi @ Nigella
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place apples, dates and soda in a bowl. Pour over boiling water. Allow to stand until cool.
- Beat butter and sugar together in another bowl until thick and creamy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Fold flour and apple mixture (including all the juice) alternately into creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased and lined 23cm springform tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180ºC) for 45 minutes.
- To prepare topping: place butter, sugar, coconut and milk in a small saucepan. heat, stirring, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved
- Remove cake from oven. Spread topping evenly over the top of cake.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes or until topping is golden and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the tin. Carefully remove sides of the tin. Transfer cake to a serving plate.
- When I line a springform tin, I just tear off a rectangle of baking paper, place it over the base and clip the sides to the tin, keeping it in place. Then when I come to put the cake onto a serving dish, I use the paper to ease it onto the plate- get one corner and fold under then keep removing paper as cake goes onto plate if you kind of know what I mean!