Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Phd

I'm dedicating this to my friends yang tengah buat Phd at various Universities around the world.

http://iisc.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/phd-resolutions/

phd resolutions.

By iisc

Before joining PhD:

  • I want to win the Nobel Prize.
  • I want to win the Turing Award.

First year of PhD:

  • I want to finish PhD in two years.
  • I want to publish papers only in top tier conferences.
  • I want to make ground-breaking research.
  • I want to win the best PhD Thesis award.

Second year of PhD:

  • I want to finish PhD in 5 years.
  • I want a problem.
  • Shall I change my advisor?

Third year of PhD:

  • I want a paper; I don’t care which conference.
  • Shall I change my topic?
  • I want to be known as Dr bhOndOO.

Fourth year of PhD:

  • I want to finish PhD!
  • My industry-friends have two children by now. When will I get married?

Fifth year of PhD:

  • Why did I come here?
  • Why did I choose this advisor?
  • Why did I choose this topic?

Sixth year of PhD:

  • Someone give me a degree!
  • I want to leave this place — for ever.
  • Let me leave.

Seventh year of PhD:

  • People call me uncle.
  • She waited and finally married someone else.
  • I don’t want any degree. I just want to live peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment