Dah la bangun lambat, terpaksa jugak exercise. And we did our lower body exercise with a mission, buat sampai rasa mcm nak mati. Urgh! Memang rasa macam nak mati. I was tired, sore all over, my legs hurting really bad and yet, I had to ikut hubby to The Mall untuk pegi tengok Adidas sale kat sana. Kasut Nike Air aku decided to tamatkan riwayat dia semalam setelah 10 tahun berbakti dengan penuh setia.
Aku terpaksa cari ganti sebab tomorrow aku nak kena berlari for my cardio kat gym. For the first time, I bought a pair of Adidas shoes. I'm very happy with my new shoes, sangat selesa. We bought Nike Air for Iffah walaupun takde niat utk beli kasut tu. It was selling at RM159 from RM289. Rasa rugi je kalau tak beli. Kasut Iffah tu lawa sangat. Kalau la kaki aku secomel kaki Iffah..
Balik from The Mall, we went to picked up the girls from school. Sampai rumah je, aku masak lunch for hubby and the girls. Then, at 2pm, adik ipar Korean aku tu datang pulak dah (dia bawak hotteok, gimbap and spicy rice cake. yay!). Masa tu aku tengah sibuk buat marble cake and red velvet cake for Ally. Terpaksa la adik ipar aku tunggu sampai aku siap masak. Then, lepas je habis masak, aku hantar the girls pegi KAFA and terus ke McD bawak my nephews and my SIL tu makan. Then at 4pm, aku dropped them kat their house in Ampang, terus pegi post office sebab nak courier sample Missha untuk dealer kat Penang.
Balik rumah, Shariff pulak menangis sebab aku tinggal dia.. Argh!! tension!! Stress! Belum sempat panaskan bontot kat kerusi, terpaksa pulak keluar, ambik the girls from KAFA. Pastu, I had to singgah kat Bagus to buy cake box untuk letak cake Ally. Ally came over to picked up her cake at 6.30pm. Lepas maghrib, hubby ajak jumpa his childhood friend yang datang bercuti from Sabah. His friend is staying at a hotel in Maluri. Terpaksa la kita orang redah the jam and kena ripped off pulak tu kat the cafe at the Hotel. Mineral water cost us RM6 sebotol!! Bengkak betul! Tu tak campur lagi dengan yang lain.. Grrr...
Actually, aku ada byk nak cerita lagi ni. Tapi jari2 aku yg gemuk ni, need to take a break setelah seharian bekerja :)
Red Velvet Cake
Recipe adapted from browneyedbaker
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
4tsbs unsalted butter, at room temperature (60gram)
¾ cup granulated sugar
2½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons red food coloring
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup buttermilk (mix 1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 tsp of lemon or vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes)
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons distilled white vinegar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces butter, at room temperature
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
2. On medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to high and add the egg. Scrape down the bowl and beat until well incorporated.
3.Add cocoa powder, red colouring and vanilla to the batter and mix on medium speed until completely combined. You may need to stop the mixer to scrape the bottom of the bowl, making sure that all the batter gets color.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add half of the buttermilk. Add half of the flour and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and repeat the process with the remaining milk and flour. Beat on high until smooth.
5. Again, reduce the mixer speed to low and add the salt, baking soda and vinegar. Turn to high and beat for another couple of minutes until completely combined and smooth.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a thin knife or skewer inserted into the center of the largest cupcake comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove cupcakes from the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
8. To make the frosting: Using the whisk attachment, whip the butter and cream cheese on high speed for about 5 minutes, scraping the bowl down as necessary. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until all is incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Increase the speed to medium high and whip for a few minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary.
*Note: This recipe can be doubled to make an 8 or 9-inch layer cake.