Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another "Blue" Day

Today, my student, Sang Jun, asked me why I looked so pale. I didnt realised that it shows on my face, the stress of working there is draining me emotionally and physically. I might as well quit, tak larat dah.. too tired.

Anyway, since hari ni adalah hari "Blue" sedunia, so aku macam malas nak tulis panjang. Why is it hari blue sedunia? I woke up to a gloomy weather, nampak mcm nak hujan, but tak hujan. No sun, no rain, cam nak ribut, takde angin, it was so gloomy. The weather this morning was a perfect reflection of my feeling.

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I dunno.. But everything serba tak kena. Iman's appointment was supposed to be at 10am today, but we went there 2 hrs early sebab Iman hilangkan the original appointment card. I thought it was at 8am, but I was mistaken. Maka, tunggu la kat situ sampai pukul 10am. At least today, I can rest in peace knowing that there's nothing serious abt Iman's condition.

She has been having this bout of stomach pain for quite a while. We dunno what it is. According to the doctor today, nothing that require immediate attention. Phew! I can sigh in relief now. But unfortunately my "blues" doesnt seem to want to leave me.. zzz..

I'm not gonna talk abt that blue, it's too depressing. Recipe Carrot Cake tu akan aku paste di bawah ni with the alteration to the original recipe.

Carrot Cake


INGREDIENTS
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 cups grated carrots
• 1 cup chopped walnuts

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
4. To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped walnuts. Frost the cooled cake.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-III/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment